29 April, 2008

Not quite ready for FO pictures


I almost got those socks done last night, while watching a movie. But I got side tracked because I am on a mission to find the perfect top to make with the Ella Rae Shibu. It must have drape. It must have fluidity. It has to be a style that I will wear. I have gone through about 3/4 of my magazines, and all the books. I found nothing in the books but I have, I think, 5 possible projects marked in the magazines. After I finish going through the rest of them and marking possibilities then I will make a big ol' swatch and see what kind of gauge I'm getting to get the fabric I want and go on from there. There was a beautiful little cardigan someone had made and from this and posted pictures on Ravelry. However, it was a pattern they came up with and when messaged about it, she wrote back that she didn't know how to write up patterns. Is that not ridiculous? Come on ... if you can knit and you can make up your own pattern you most assuredly can write it up. I would much rather have had her say, thanks but I'd rather keep it to myself.

Still working from home. They are power washing more ... did the roof yesterday, which is now looking brand new, and the deck which I forgot was so pretty. This house is just going to be so beautiful when it's done. I am so grateful I can work from home. It would be terrible if I had to take vacation to babysit these guys.

No comments: