15 January, 2009

An evening of LOST knitting

In preparation for the start of LOST on next Wednesday there were 3 hours of enhanced episodes last night. I thought it was only two and at 10 o'clock was ready for bed. S stayed up to finish watching but I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I finished the Noro socks last night. Still have to weave in the cuff and toe ends. As I suspected, they are just too bulky and too hot to be socks and will instead have to live out their lives as slippers. I think Noro sock yarn is more better suited to gloves or arm warmers or a wrap. Or if you were a sandals and socks person I guess they would work. I am pretty sure there is enough left over for pedicure socks. We'll soon find out.

It's still quite chilly but, thankfully, dry! I really noticed on my ride home last night that it's staying light longer. The trail is not pitch black at 4:30 any longer and that makes for a much nicer ride home. I wasn't as fast coming in today. I had a wicked bad night last night. Poor Tink -- I always let her outside before bed to take care of business and last night was no different except I did have to go out and physically shoo her in to the house. She was sitting up by the fire pit and didn't want to come in but I was ready for bed and didn't want S to have to chase come down and get her if she started to bark. So I went to bed and fell asleep and she woke me up 3 or 4 times from 11:30 to 2:30 yipping at the slider downstairs. I thought she had just heard something in the back yard and wanted to go investigate but by the 3rd or 4th time, at 2:30, I finally decided that she must have to go finish her business. Sure enough, I let her out for a few minutes and then she was ready to sleep. So I didn't get much rest last night and it was difficult to get out of bed and even more difficult to go out into the cold. I feel okay now but I know I'll sleep like a log tonight!

No comments: