22 January, 2009

So much better

Yeah ... I drove in today. The thermometer was showing about 30 degrees this morning and there was ice on the banister on the front porch. AND foggy still. We have a burn ban again - I don't know how many days in a row it's been. Lucky for us we have a gas fireplace. And lucky for me I don't still live in my little house because I used to use my wood fireplace a lot during this time of the year. So I gave up biking, I'll run at lunch and I'm nice and comfy right now instead of thawing out.

Yesterday evening was the premier of the new season of 'Lost' so there wasn't much knitting done. I did finish up the gusset decreases and work on the cuff of the pedicure socks for the first hour during the re-cap episode, but once the new stuff started I quit knitting so I didn't miss a thing! Surprisingly I'm going to have plenty of yarn to make a decent leg on the pedi socks. I am using just one skein of Koigu and it's going to be plenty. That's nice to know.

I really do want to pick up my 'Sizzle' again since I'm going down to see my sister in a few weeks and it would be nice to be able to give it to her. When I finish these socks I will measure out the rest of the matching yarn and see if I can finish up the fronts without having to change to a different dye lot. If I can't then I won't give it to her because there is too much of a difference. It won't be bad if I just the other dye lot for the trim but I can't just switch it up on the shoulders because it would be ugly.

No comments: