08 January, 2009

'Twas a dark and stormy night

Wow .... It rained and rained and blew and blew last night. The sounds of the storm kept waking me up. There were some incredible pictures on the news last night. The flooding around here has been just incredible! By "around here" I mean in the greater Seattle area and up into the mountains, NOT in my neighborhood. With the exception of a few storm drains that are plugged up, we're in pretty good shape. Wish I could say that for other parts of the city. What a mess. Thank goodness there was no rain this morning and I actually got to ride in for a change! Since I never did locate my old Garmin ... heaven only knows where that got to ... I bought a new Forerunner 301 which comes with a wireless heart rate monitor. I got the unit charged up last night but that was about it. I used it to time my ride this morning and later I'll fuss with the settings and, since I'm giving myself a day off of running, I won't be trying out the heart rate monitor until tomorrow. I have a lot of training to do -- the first race I'm signed up for is February 8 - four weeks from now. Which, coincidentally was the LAST race I ran last year. After that I got sick and then ... I never did catch up. I believe this model has a few more bells and whistles than the earlier one.

I knit on my socks last night until my hands hurt. That really makes me mad! Why do my hands hurt?? But I know better than to push it. If I stop when the pain starts then I can knit the next day. If not then I have to take time off, which would be very annoying. So I played Wii sports with S. I am such a geek.

No comments: