07 January, 2009

The frustration meter continues to climb

Why? Because I couldn't bike today. It was blowing WAY too hard. So that means another run at lunchtime time today - 3rd day in a row. Thank goodness my knees and ankles are holding up so far. And truly it's not as if I'm a fair weather biker, but it's pitch black when I leave my house, I have to bike on the side of a very busy street before I get to the trail, AND I have to go down some really steep hills. When the weather is super bad it just makes it that much more dangerous (as if biking on the side of the road in the dark with big trucks whizzing past isn't dangerous enough). I could just see myself getting blown into the path of a speeding SUV along Sandpoint Way. Not my chosen way to leave this world. My DH volunteered to drive me in to work today and when I got up at 4 am to answer the call of nature and heard the wind howling outside I decided to take him up on it. I guess the bottom line is that I'd rather be alive and bitching than dead and not.

I frogged the Noro socks last night and re-started, toe-up two at a time (TUTAT). Here's the snag -- casting on both socks using the Turkish method [which I prefer to the figure 8, which leaves gaps]. I have come to the conclusion, after starting over 3 times, that one cannot use this cast on without starting one, taking it off (on a couple of spare DPNs) and starting the other, then slipping the first one back on. I tried several things, none of which worked and now I have one sock with two little inside-out rows at the very beginning of the toe. I will leave it as a reminder that perfection is not always possible -- plus which, okay okay, I just didn't want to start over a 4th time!!

No comments: