23 January, 2009

No wonder I go crazy in February

Clouds, fog, more snow predicted for this weekend. No wonder I always want a vacation in February. It's dismal around here!! The good news is that I can tell it's getting a teensie bit lighter day by day.

I am working from home today. I've got a big programming project I am tackling. Learning PHP programming by myself, from a book. NOT easy. I got so frustrated yesterday. I couldn't stop thinking about it last night and it took me ages to get to sleep. I believe I have a solution to one of my problems and so I will tackle that first thing. I have to keep thinking of this project in little bites rather than thinking of the whole entire package or I will go nuts for sure. One little step at a time is the key to success. And I was sure I had step one done only to find a stumbling block yesterday and now I have to start all over. My husband is working in his shop today so that leaves me with a nice quiet house and I should be able to get lots done. Fingers crossed!!

Still haven't finished the pedicure socks. I'm working on the cuff ribbing and the yarn keeps on coming. Those little balls have a surprising amount of yarn on them! I only wish now I had made the foot a bit longer but had I done them top down I wouldn't have known how tall to make the cuff so .... there ya go. Next time I will know. And since I love Koigu so much it's super nice to know I can get a decent pair out of one skein. In fact, if the cuff is long enough I will know that I can get a short pair of whole socks out of one skein ... yeah.

Still hoping to resurrect the Sizzle this weekend. I don't have much else going on except to shop for my husband's birthday gift. And I might be able to get that on line.

No comments: