20 January, 2009

A new bad experience

I know I have repeatedly complained that my hands hurt sometimes when I knit too much. However, I have never before been awakened out of a deep sleep because of it. That is until Sunday night. Saturday I did nothing but laze around and knit on the Rockstar. I didn't finish up the back but I got some very good work done on it. I finally got around to getting a little scale calibrated and I divided a skein of Koigu into two equal balls to make my first pair of pedicure socks. I was excited about it and while I watched the football game I had recorded (dang -- Arizona won, which means I have to root for the Steelers in the Super Bowl) I cast on and started the pedicure socks. On Sunday, after my run and washing my dirty little dog I sat down to watch the other football game and I finished up the foot part and started on the heel flap. The heel flap means purling and I guess I just overdid it because I woke up in such pain! It was a sharp shooting pain. I finally got up and took a Naproxen, which thankfully did the trick and I was able to rest. Did I knit on Monday or rest my hand? What do you think -- I finished up the heel flaps, turned both heels, picked up the gussets and got half way through the gusset decreases. My hand is fine. Weird.

Yesterday we had the day off for MLK day and S and I enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather and went down to the Pike Place Market for some shopping and a lovely lunch at Maximilien's Restaurant, a very French place. It was just yummy and the produce we bought down there was fantastic, of course. It was a lovely lovely day. Tinkie then got a nice walk when we got home and I got to knit some more. Nice weekend.

And of course today is a day to remember. S has a couple of friends over watching the inauguration on the big screen. I had to miss that but it's okay. I imagine I will get to see plenty of it. I really bundled up for my ride in today and the trail was practically empty. Nobody passed me coming my way and I only saw a few walkers and runners and maybe 5 bikes going the other way toward me. It was foggy and very cold. I dressed for it this time though - I had my face covered, extra tights on under my regular tights and a warmer shirt plus extra gloves. I was fine except it was hard to see through the fog. It's a loooooong winter. At least it's dry.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Ouch! Hope you're taking a little break from knitting tonight.