27 January, 2009

If I said "more snow" would you believe me?

It is Seattle, after all. We're not known for our snow but yes, it is indeed snowing again. As luck would have it (this time, at least) Seattle is in the snow shadow so all we're seeing right now is a very fine snow which should turn to rain later today. I drove in, obviously. I wanted to ride my bike but I learned the hard way that the wind chill is too much to handle when it's freezing plus it's too dangerous to bike in the snow with all those hills in the morning.

I did have another great run yesterday afternoon and I'm hoping that the snow will have turned to rain by noon-ish today so I can have another one. It's two weeks to the first race I've signed up for and I am feeling very strong and believe there's a possibility that I may set a personal best at the Love 'em or Leave 'em run February 8. Friday and Sunday I ran around my neighborhood and my Sunday run was right after eating breakfast, when I've got lots and lots of energy -- well, "lots" meaning that my stomach isn't growling which is what it's like for me on week days at work. That made a big difference in my energy, as you may imagine. There are so many hills around my house as well, which makes the run more of a work out than here, which is on the trail and mostly flat. The Feb. 8 race is on a flat track, around the lake, but I believe there will be some elevation at the St. Paddy's Day Dash. I know they have changed the course but I'm pretty sure it's mostly uphill from the Seattle Center to the Aurora Bridge. If it's at the beginning of the race I'm okay but if it's in the middle or near the end, disaster for my time.

While I had plans to pick up and knit the sleeve bands on Sizzle last night, I opted out and instead worked on the socks. I want to do that tonight. I'm really keen to see this top finished. It's really nice. Makes me see all over again why I love love love that yarn (Ella Rae Shibu) so much!

No comments: