16 January, 2009

Well that just hurt!!

Wow. It is cold outside! I was in serious pain all the way in to work this morning. I had to stop and put on another pair of gloves underneath my regular ones because my fingers were getting numb! I've been in my office now for 45 minutes and my face is still cold to the touch. I can feel the tea as it makes it way down to my stomach. No record breaking speed today, that's for sure.

Last night I wove the ends in on the Noro socks and two pair of other ones that had been languishing in my socks basket. A pair of Crusoe made from Koigu and another pair of socks that was my first try at toe-up but with a short-row heel which I didn't like because it left gaps. Both of these sock yarns are also NOT superwash and if you think I'm washing my socks by hand ... well, hah! So I figured I'd go ahead and weave in those ends and I'll wash them in the washer and just make sure they don't go through the dryer. I didn't get around to measuring the left over Noro sock yarn so didn't cast on for pedicure socks and quite frankly I was just too groggy to knit on the Rockstar so after I finished my little weaving project I just watched TV and fell asleep at 9:30. Slept great, too!

Besides start some pedicure socks this weekend I'm going to try to finish off the back of the Rockstar and maybe, just maybe, cast on for the sleeves. We shall see. I have a long weekend but also have some projects to do around the house. Santa brought me a lovely HUGE external hard drive and so I'm going to move all my iTunes stuff (8 gigs of TV alone!) off my laptop and onto the hard drive. And then I'm going to buy more. wheee! Oooo .... I was telling my DH last night how blazing fast my friend Steve's new 3G iPhone is. We were up at his house on Sunday for a party and I was downloading some apps onto his phone for him and I was astonished at how fast it is. His wife was one of the very first to get an iPhone and hers is now almost 2 years old. She says his is WAY faster than hers. Mine is coming up on 1 year old and I want ... no, I need a bigger one. I was too anxious to wait a few days for the 16 gig version because I was sure 8 would be enough. Hah! and double hah! I want a 3G 32 gig version. I guess I could live with a 16.

No comments: