26 January, 2009

The noise

There is a noise in my office. I believe it's caused by the vibrations made in the duct now that the heating/air conditioning is working again. So I'm no longer sweating like a pig but I am being slowly driven INSANE by this noise!! I asked for some help. I am hopefully that something can be done about it because it is so nerve wracking and distracting!! No wonder I get more work done at home than I do here -- I have natural light and no f*$#@ing noise!! I did have a wonderful day Friday. I made huge strides in my program. I got it to ask for what category of question one wants to make, and if you put in a new category it writes it to the database(!!!) and then you are presented with a form to write a new question. If you choose a category that already has questions in it, those questions are shown so that you don't write another one that is too like a previous one. Sounds simple but I am thrilled that I got that far. Next step - get the program to accept and write out the new question. I could get a good start on that today if I don't start bleeding from the ears from this noise!!!

Got some good knitting done as well this weekend. Friday evening I finished up the pedicure socks and got all the ends woven in. And I measured out and divided the last skein of matching yarn for Sizzle. Saturday and Sunday I worked on Sizzle and finished up the body and yes, I had just enough yarn!! I got it all seamed up and next step is to pick up stitches and knit the sleeve bands and the neck band. Unfortunately I tried it on and I am kicking myself for not knitting the smallest size. I was afraid it would be too tight across the chest and since it has good shaping in the pattern thought that the other size would be better. But I tried it on and it seems to be a little large, which means it's probably going to be too loose for my sister. I will put the trim on it anyway and block it. Who knows, she may want it and if not I'll keep it. I don't wear my tops quite as tight as she does.

Also I cast on for another pair of socks using the lovely yarn I bought ages ago from a old secret pal, Knitting Like Crazy. I love the colors -- purples and browns .. I think it's called "Enchanted Forest". Really nice. I am just doing a plain toe-up but I may incorporate a little cable or something just for fun.

Saturday I needed to shop for S's birthday gift, although I did find something on the internet for him but I'm not entirely sure it'll be here in time so I wanted a back-up gift. I had gone through my clothes and found that I am able to wear all of my jeans! Yay me!! So to celebrate I went out and bought a couple things -- a really cool pair of embellished jeans and a few tops. And Sunday I went through my closet and got rid of some "fat" pants and a few shirts and sweaters that I don't wear. Not as much as I wanted to get out of there but it's a start.

No comments: