21 January, 2009

Just in case you ever wondered ...

Here's a time saving tip. If the thermometer is reading below freezing, say 29 degrees, it is too cold to ride a bicycle. OMG!!! What was I thinking??? Despite the extra tights and scarf over my face and glove liners and fleece headband to cover my ears I still was freezing!! Half way in my hands were numb and hurting so badly. I didn't know whether to pull over and throw up or just start crying. I nixed the crying because I was afraid the tears would freeze on my face. Holy crap! I've been here at work now for almost 45 minutes and still my legs are cold. And I've changed out of my bike clothes!! I should have driven and believe me, next time it's this cold in the morning I will. Maybe if it hadn't been foggy as well .... or even a few degrees warmer. Yesterday it was like oh ... something over freezing and it was cold and uncomfortable but I didn't feel like I was going to throw up from it!

The temperature in my office is now seasonally appropriate so today I get to wear my lovely Shibu shrug. The only complaint I have about this yarn is that I get little silk slubs on my clothes from it. But the drape is wonderful.

I took it kind of easy on my hands last night and only knit for about an hour on the pedicure socks. I've brought them in for noon knitting today where I should be able to finish up the gusset decreases and whatever yarn is left over will be the leg. These are really going to come in handy.

I made reservations for part one of my February trip yesterday. I've got part 2 all reserved but I needed to get the local stuff nailed down. I reserved two nights in McMinnville, Oregon - February 14th and 15 and also managed to get reservations for Valentine's night dinner at a wonderful little French restaurant in McMinnville. Sunday we'll so do wine tasting down there in the Willamette Valley and on Monday we'll drive up to Long Beach, Washington and stay on the coast for a couple days. I got the same place we had last year about that time only this time I don't plan on being sick as a dog! That was the beginning of that horrible 8 weeks of whatever the heck that plague was last year.

No comments: