05 January, 2009

Happy New Year!

I was looking forward to a fancy-schmancy party for New Years this year, but things got switched up and we ended up babysitting. It wasn't so bad and since they stayed up late they slept in late as well. I was deep into sock knitting this long weekend. Having finally finished the brown socks I was able to take out my gorgeous Noro sock yarn and get to work. It knits up fast! I finished one sock and I could have finished the other one yesterday evening but my hand was getting sore so I put it down. I may even have enough yarn left over to make some pedicure socks. I want to experiment doing toe-up construction, 2 at a time. If I make pedicure socks at least I can experiment with picking up the gusset stitches. I can do it top down so there's no reason why I can't do it bottom up, is there?

Yesterday I woke up all stuffy and sneezing and thought at first that it was some sort of allergic reaction, but by the late afternoon I realized that it was a cold coming on like gangbusters. I took nighttime cold medicine before crawling into bed and I woke up today feeling just okay. It hasn't gotten any better but, on the good side, hasn't gotten any worse either.

We got another nasty surprise yesterday - more snow! Yes ... MORE SNOW! I couldn't believe it. I had gotten my bike all cleaned up, the tires freshly pumped, and I was SO looking forward to riding in today since it has warmed up and the snow was finally gone from the streets. But that was then. It started last night and we got more than two inches. S had to be downtown this morning at 7 so he was up at 5 and got out no problem. It is warm and so all of that snow is now slush. I couldn't bike but at least I could drive in it and after I got out of the neighborhood it was just fine. Maybe I can run at lunchtime if my cold is not too bad.

No comments: