28 January, 2009

Finished!!

Wow! I finished "Sizzle"!! No pictures because I haven't blocked it yet. I wanted to bring it in to show at noon knitting today and I'll block it tonight. If I had knit the smallest size I would have been able to squeak by with the 5 skeins I had. Since I opted to go up a size I ended up having to use a skein from another dye lot for the trim which is only two rows on each arm hole and four around the neck!! It's not bad though - the other dye lot - since it's the trim with a lot of texture. I tried it on and indeed it is a little big around the ribs. As I said, the shaping is just beautiful and on the whole it is a very pretty garment. Maybe when it's blocked I can squish it in a little bit. I think I'd like to make it again in a smaller size. I think I'd do it in the round just to keep the purling at a minimum.

I received the "French Girl Knits" book from Interweave Press yesterday. That was fast! Unfortunately I wasn't bowled over by the designs. Nothing really jumped out at me but there were a few designs in there with potential.

Now that I have the "Sizzle" monkey off my back I'm going to concentrate on the Rockstar Jacket. It's Super Bowl weekend and we're having a party so I won't be knitting on Sunday, and Saturday is my DH's birthday and I've got a million and one errands to run plus dinner Saturday night but maybe I can knit on it then for a little while. And I'll have Thursday and Friday evenings as well. Tonight is "Lost". No knitting that I have to concentrate on, for sure!

No comments: