07 October, 2009

I'm getting faster!

I had a great run yesterday. After running 6.5 miles on Sunday, running for a mere 30 minutes didn't seem much of a chore, so I started out at a pretty good pace. And I managed to keep it up for most of the run. I ended up going at least 1/4 mile further in 30 minutes than I usually do. And my foot was fine. I am going to need to get some new shoes here pretty soon. Those longer runs - over 5 miles - are harder on my feet, obviously.

It was Tinkerbell's annual exam time yesterday so I didn't get finished with chores until 6:30. I was pretty tired so we didn't do much. I ate some YUMMY ribs made by my friend's husband who indeed makes the best ribs I've ever had, bar none. I'm afraid to ask for the recipe because I might just go on an all rib diet if I knew how to do it. Got caught up on a couple TV shows I had recorded and headed up to bed early. I was asleep before my head hit the pillow, which is what I love. It was actually a decent night's sleep. Tink woke me up snoring, but it was nearly time for the alarm to go off anyway.

I haven't done any knitting the past couple nights, but I brought my newest project in today for Wednesday noon knitting. I cast on a pair of Fingerless Pomatomus Gloves on Saturday. I had found a couple balls of lavender sock yarn at Weaving Works in the clearance bin. I had one ball in green that I used for a pair of socks and loved the yarn -- it's kind of stretchy. I can't remember the name of it though and I threw away the ball bands. Anyway I am just about ready to start the pattern part and thought they'd be a good project to bring to work - small and portable, like socks. [It is just killing me that I can't remember the name of that yarn!!!]

No comments: