15 October, 2009

It's that the way it goes?

Two days ago, right after I finally registered to run and paid my money (which is non-refundable, by the way) I changed and went out for my usual Tuesday "easy" run. Feeling a bit cocky after running 5 miles on Sunday without any trouble, I took off. One mile into the run my knees and thighs were hurting so badly I had to stop! My legs felt like they were made of lead. NOT good. I wasn't unusually winded or anything like that, it was just white hot pain. I got back to work, popped a couple of Naproxen and iced my knees and ankles that evening. Now I know that I should not be taking Naproxen any more until after I am done with the hard training. (But that's another story). I am a bit concerned but in retrospect I believe it was the fact that I was wearing super high heels that day that caused the major problem. No more high high heels until I'm done with training. There is too much stress on my knees and no amount of stretching is going to make that go away. I hope. We will find out in a couple hours. I have to go 45 minutes today. At least it's not raining.

Things are calming down a bit here at work. I have a fun programming project to work on. That makes the time zoom by, especially if it's all working well. I have another hard part to iron out and maybe I'll start on that this afternoon.

Yesterday at noon knitting I did a few more rows on the Pomatomous fingerless mitts. The pattern is finally showing up. It's a rather fiddle-y pattern and I'm regretting it somewhat, although the finished product is going to be quite nice so I will just keep plugging away. I would dearly love to spend a few hours on the Frost Flowers Stole this weekend, but as usual my weekend is jammed. If we don't rehearse Friday night then I can maybe do a bit then if I'm not too tired. I probably will be. It is SO complicated that I have to be on top of it every second. My guess is that we'll rehearse on Saturday and what with having to take Mr. M down to the hotel at noon for a gala, then the football game starting at 12:30 .... that's not going to leave me any quality knitting time. Just TV knitting when one is watching football. Which leaves Sunday. Ah Sunday -- which is pretty much eaten up with my run. We are going to meet up at Cougar Mountain at noon for an 8 mile run on the trails. My best guess is that it's going to take the major portion of 2 hours for me to run 8 miles. I'll be luck to be home by 3. Well maybe then after I get cleaned up I can take a couple hours. I certainly won't want to do anything strenuous.

No comments: