16 October, 2009

Working in my PJs

Oh I love working from home! And I chose the perfect day, too. It is just nasty outside. Raining and blowing and chilly. I was hoping for a light day but as luck would have it ...... it's shaping up to be a rather intense day. I have been working on a program for one of the teachers. He needed an application for the students to enter questions into a data bank and also upload images for the questions if they needed. I had an application that I had been working on that I re-purposed for him and we finally got it ready to go and up on the web site yesterday afternoon. I hadn't even made it to the parking garage yesterday when I got an email saying it wasn't working properly. I have it set up so that when a student chooses a category for which to write a question, all of the questions that have been previously written for that category are listed so that they can avoid duplication. For some reason that was not working for all of the categories. I unlinked the application and now today I have to figure out why. It could be as simple as a misspelling somewhere or ..... ????

I had a SUPER awesome 45 minute run yesterday. Completely makes up for that terrible one on Tuesday. I sure hope it's not a muddy mess for our 8 miles this Sunday. I was going to get new shoes this weekend but I am thinking I'll wait until after that run, even though once I hit 5 miles my foot has been hurting.

Mr. M had a couple of guys over for a business dinner meeting last night so I just watched a little TV and knit on the TV knitting project, another Simple Knitted Bodice with as-yet-undecided modifications. I went up to bed to read at about 9 and fell asleep before 10. Unfortunately I woke up at 1:30 am and my mind went straight to the programming problem. Not good. One hour later I was still awake and took my iPhone out of the cradle and read email and played word games until I felt sleepy. For some reason I cannot make myself get out of bed when I have insomnia. But you know what? I am going to try that next time. I can go downstairs, turn on the fireplace and maybe read or knit for a while. I'll bet that would put me back to sleep faster than tossing and turning. I'll try it next time.

And now ....... another cup of coffee and on to the program puzzle.

No comments: