09 October, 2009

Oh what fun!!

Yesterday after work I had to stop at Macy's to pick up some Clinique stuff. I had had the foresight to pop a couple discount cards into my bag just in case I felt like shopping. Guess what? I DID feel like shopping! I have been needing some new work clothes for so long and now that the weather is changing and I can't wear my summer clothes it is really very apparent that my wardrobe needs new blood. So I just started findings things I liked and went to work in the dressing room. As luck would have it, most of the clothes were just right! I bought a brown skirt with flirty pleats, three tops, a most awesome dress and, my favorite, a long-ish brown coat-type thing and matching leggings. I wear a black tunic (also new) with silver metal beads and short, high heeled boots with it. When I got home with my booty I gave a little fashion show and then went to town on my closet, throwing out the old worn and unwearable stuff and moving the summer things to the guest closet. I'll have to go through that as well, but not now. At least my work closet is sorted and color coordinated and everything is clean and wearable. Now I'm going to have to do the same for my dressers and my shoes. Baby steps.

That didn't leave any time for knitting but no matter. I am just happy to have that done! Tonight Mr. M is working and I am rehearsing so that my weekend is free! Tomorrow I've got a hair appointment at 1 but before that I hope to get in the garden and clean out my vegetable beds, at least. I'd also like to plant some bulbs but that might have to wait to next week. I also need to bathe Tinkerbell and get a mani-pedi. Out to dinner and maybe a movie on Saturday night and Sunday will be running and groceries and chores. Somewhere in there I'm also going to have to fit in two football games and some knitting. I am kind of wishing I hadn't started those arm warmers because now I have no TV knitting. Both projects I have on the needles are not conducive to TV or moving watching. Oh well ... guess I'll just have to cast on something else.

No comments: