19 October, 2009

Stolen day

Friday was indeed intense, but I managed to solve my programming program and got it up and running for the students again. Alas, Sunday evening I got yet another little problem pointed out but hopefully I can get that handled today.

I managed to get Tinkerbell a walk on Friday afternoon when it was simply raining and not pouring. And Friday evening was quiet with pizza left overs and knitting while Mr. M was out working. I did not get a phone call from Doug, the band leader, leading me to believe that we would not be getting together Saturday. Fine with me.

It rained hard all Friday night and Saturday it was so dark and stormy! I had to run a few errands -- Tink was out of food and I needed groceries as well. It was just nasty and wet out there! I did give Tink a walk when I got back, a little before noon, because she needed a bath. And guess who called around 12:30? Right -- Doug. I didn't pick up the phone. At that point, after noon, I was all set to have a little Shelley time, so I ignored his call, washed Tink and settled in the comfy chair for some knitting on the Frost Flowers Stole. I got over 3 hours in on it while doing laundry. I am making progress, slowly but surely. Doug tried again around 3 o'clock but again I didn't pick up. I did try to call him on Sunday but there was no answer. I've got to try again today. I need to make it clear to him that I cannot be called mere hours before he wants to get together. I have such little free time these days then when there is even the possibility of a few hours to myself I latch onto it.

Thank goodness yesterday the rain had stopped, because we were doing 8 miles in the trails at Cougar Mountain. It was brutal, to say the least. I was figuring it would take me 2 hours to do it but wasn't taking into account the terrain, which was hilly and slippery and full of roots and rocks. It actually took more like 2:20 and I was wiped out. I did manage to run a good bit, but going down the hills really hurt my knees so I ended up walking about the last 2 miles with another woman. At least I didn't get lost like last time we ran trails. I was very uncomfortable though - I was so afraid I was going to twist my ankle or trip, which I did a number of times but didn't fall. It was a long drive out there as well and we didn't meet up until noon so I wasn't home until after 3. Oh ... and to make matters worse I didn't eat enough breakfast so I had less than zero energy. I wasn't really very hungry when I got up so I just had half an orange and half a bagel with a little lox. Not nearly enough. Oh well, live and learn. Next Saturday it's 9.5 miles around Greenlake which at least will be flat. I'm going to get new shoes this week so my foot won't hurt (fingers crossed).

No comments: