05 October, 2009

A well deserved rest

I had such a nice weekend. Saturday was wonderful, even though I did have to resort to telling a lie to get an entire day to myself. Doug, the bandleader, called Friday evening but I didn't pick up the phone. Saturday morning I had to run out to get some gas in the car before I took Mr. M downtown and while I was out I called him and told him I was sick with a sore throat and couldn't rehearse that evening. I know .... I should have just told him I wanted the night off but I did it anyway.

Got Mr. M down to the hotel in plenty of time to get myself out to the spa. In fact I was early, which was a good thing because there was a convention going on at the convention center which, coincidentally, shares a parking lot with not only the spa but a Chuck-E-Cheese, a fabric store and a bunch of other businesses. There were no spots. The spa had a sign saying parking arranged at the front desk so on my 3rd cruise around I drove up there and as luck would have it someone was leaving, so I followed her and took her spot.

Ahhhhh ... then I had a luxurious hour long soak in the hot tubs and visited the steam room as well. Next, the body scrub and finally a body moisturizing which was too decadent! Slathered all over, head to toe, with warm olive oil and other natural oils, and a facial that is ended by covering the face with a cucumber mixture that smelled very much like that sweet cucumber side dish one gets at Japanese restaurants. I walked out of there feeling like a million bucks and then .... my car wouldn't start. I was in such a rush I had left my lights on and drained the battery. Normally this would never happen but a couple days ago my dashboard lights went out and the fuse that runs them also runs the beeper for the lights. AAA was there in just a few minutes though, so it was no big deal.

I had the Husky football game taping and was looking forward to watching that. I settled in and finished up a bunch of knitting projects - socks and a neck warmer/hat - and watched the Huskies play valiantly against Notre Dame. They lost in overtime. Oh dear ... it was so sad. And right in the middle of the game my phone rings - my friend's husband who was watching the game live. I stopped him from telling me what was up but I knew then it wasn't good. I still watched it all but fast forwarded a lot. The Seahawks didn't do much better on Sunday - in fact they got beat up by the Colts.

Sunday was a 6.5 mile run - twice around the outside track at Greenlake. I did it all. My foot was pretty darned sore when I was done though and my Achilles is sore today. I iced both last night and I'll do it again this evening. It took me 1 hour and 22 minutes to run 6.5 miles. A half marathon is 13 and some tenths ... can't remember ... so basically I ran half of what I will be running on November 29. I could definitely have gone further if my foot hadn't started hurting so badly. I need to get another pair of shoes.

No comments: