01 October, 2009

A new record

I can't believe it did it, but this afternoon I ran for one hour. It's the first time I've done that. Unfortunately I didn't have my Garmin with me, but I know from running last Sunday that it was more than 4 miles. Probably very close to 5. The first 30 minutes were tough but actually the second 30 wasn't bad. I'm looking forward to Sunday when we're running 6.5 miles around Greenlake.

I got a nice little windfall yesterday. I overpaid somehow for that little surgery I had on my leg a few months ago. I got a check in the mail and today I made an appointment for some serious pampering on Saturday. I have to take Mr. M downtown in the morning for a gig, then I'm heading to the spa. Ahhhhhhhh AND I'm going to cancel rehearsal for Saturday. I feel like I haven't had a minute to relax or a minute to myself for weeks and weeks. Nobody but Tinkerbell and me all day long and all evening long. I am going to get pampered, do a little shopping, then walk the dog and knit and knit and knit ... oh, and watch football. I cannot wait.

No comments: