13 October, 2009

No backing out now!

It's official. I just registered to run the Seattle Half Marathon on November 29. I've been doing fine with my training runs so I am feeling confident that I can do this. This Sunday our training run is 8 miles, and I've already done 6 1/2 and last Sunday was 5 and that was no sweat. Well .... I mean it wasn't easy mind you, but I wasn't gasping and crying at the end of it.

So now this means that I am seriously starting my fund raising campaign because I am running this not only as a personal goal but to help support Gilda's Club. This is a wonderful organization run entirely by volunteers and contributions, started by the brother of Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer). You can read more about Gilda's Club by clicking that link. You can also contribute to support my fund raising effort by clicking on the "Support an Athlete" on that page, or you can conveniently click from this blog -- look to the right.

Thank you thank you thank you!
And now I'm going to change and do my little run.

No comments: