01 February, 2010

And another Monday rolls around

On Thursday I got Tinkerbell all checked out at the boarding place and I worked from home again on Friday. I took a little break mid-morning and got my car emissions test and new tabs. The day went by pretty quickly and in the evening I decided to dig out my Rock Star Cardigan. I hadn't touched it for so long -- maybe a year. And after finishing up that Frost Flowers Stole (which I wore out last night) I figured that it would be very easy. But you know what? I just couldn't face it. I've decided to frog it, and here's why. First of all, while I love the yarn (Rowan Kid Classic) I don't like the color of it at all. It's an olive green with way too much brown in it. Secondly, the pattern is not only hard to read (it's printed on dark red paper!) but it is poorly written. Maybe I'll use the yarn for a blanket. Or sell it on eBay.

The weekend was pretty busy. Saturday I did chores and started the Great Gatsby Dress. Even though I am really against doing pieced projects, I am going to make an exception for this. I started the hem lace which is 23 repeats of a 17 stitch 10 row pattern. Then you pick up stitches along the straight edge and start a second pattern which flows into stockinette stitch, then you bind off again and pick up stitches for the ribbing which makes a nice ridge, like on the last skirt I made. I think it's going to be really cute.

Saturday night we had a surprise party to attend, so I got all dressed for the party and went to rehearsal at 4:30, then drove back home and got into Mr. M's car and off we went to the party. The guest of honor was one hour late, but that was okay. The band started a bit early and we chatted with people and had dinner. This was a party to celebrate the retirement of a guy who had a company selling audio gear so basically it was full of live audio geeks. January is the time when they have the most time off. Usually you can't have a normal social life -- it's like theatre people. If you want to socialize with them it's got to be on a Monday. Thankfully we didn't stay long.

Yesterday was Mr. M's birthday so I took him shopping. And in the evening we went out to dinner. Nothing too special.

I've got to start thinking about the party coming up on Sunday. Lots to do for that.

No comments: