23 February, 2010

Malicious Mischief

Yesterday after lunch my PC got hit with a virus. All of a sudden a window popped up saying I had a virus -- it was one of those fake ones we've all seen. I closed it and immediately ran a scan on my machine, which quarantined and then cleaned up the file. I restarted my computer thinking I had dodged a bullet. But even in that short amount of time and without me even clicking on it something had happened to my computer. Now I can't open any program from a shortcut unless I choose it from a list and even then it may or may not open. And some programs are just not found, like Word or Exel. I brought my laptop in today. Of course the IT guy is on vacation and the guy who is supposed to be backing him up is not answering my emails. My laptop is great but it's not as comfortable to work on as the PC. Well it could have been worse. At least I didn't lose anything.

I worked on the Gatsby dress again last night. Here's a picture -- 12 rows of ladder lace on top of the double fern pattern band. I am using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and I'm getting a very nice drape with it. The color is good as well. The ladder lace is very easy and good TV knitting. I will be able to work on it some more tonight during the LOST recap episode.

There was one thing I was quite looking forward to when I got home from vacation -- the Spring edition of IK. I sat down with it Saturday after my chores and went through it. And I must say -- ICK! I think it's the worst issue ever. Not one single thing in there caught my eye except in a "what the heck were you thinking?" way. Hideous garments, every one of them.

Today I am going to run at lunchtime. First time in quite a few weeks. I felt really great when I got home last night. The hills didn't kill me like they had been. Maybe .... just maybe ... I am over this respiratory thing finally!

No comments: