26 February, 2010

Tinkerbell never quits trying

My little adventure dog. Last night I made the mistake of letting her out after dark without hooking her up to the long line. I do that because when it's dark and she doesn't feel like coming in she just simply won't answer the call to come, but instead sites, immobile, as if that makes her invisible. I heard her barking and called but she didn't come in so I left it for a bit, know that sooner or later she'd show up at the door and if not I'd get the flashlight and go grab her. Instead I got a phone call from the neighbor behind us. That is Tink's favorite spot to escape to because the lady has cats that come torment Tink. I guess she likes to return the favor whenever she can. The lady was laughing, thankfully. Mr. M went out and she handed her over the fence. Now I need to do another perimeter sweep around the yard and plug up the hole under the fence. I was thinking that I needed to check it last week. Now I'm going to have to wait until it stops raining.

I woke up last night and heard the rain against the window and on the skylights. It's a nice cosy sound when you know you don't have to get up and ride to work. I'm working from home today. Thankfully I've had some good computer luck for a change! I can indeed get to my departmental server from home so I'm able to make the updates to the departmental site. And even fix the corrupt file, which has been making me crazy. And at lunchtime I'll take a drive to Trader Joe's and do some shopping without the insanity of the weekend shoppers to deal with.

I did a few rows on the Gatsby while watching "The Graduate" last night. Classic movie. I just love it. It's the ending of course. Definitely not real life. I wonder if that has ever happened. Maybe I'll do some research. I suppose it must have happened somewhere at some time.

Well -- back to work. Already we're planning for Autumn quarter. zoom .... zoom ....

No comments: