08 February, 2010

It was a great game ...

and a not so great party. Well ... actually I had fun, but it was sparsely attended, to say the least. There were a couple of big shows loading in, oddly enough, and it took away a huge number of people who had planned on attending. Thank goodness the BEST ones showed up and we had a fine time eating and drinking. The chili turned out really good, but a bit too salty. I put in a couple of pieces of potato and cooked them up and voila! it was just fine.

I had been given the opportunity to buy into a really good football pool, so I got a square and my friend's husband and his friends got squares. The payout was great but unfortunately we got SUPER bad numbers! I ended up with 9 and 9! I won my money back but that was it. And believe me, I was already spending that $800 I was hoping to win! I found a ring that I really really want when I got my jewelry cleaned this weekend. Gorgeous pave band with a heart .... ah well.

So it was a busy busy weekend. I worked from home on Friday and had intended to go visit Mr. M's daughter in the hospital. Unfortunately I didn't realize the visiting hours were so restricted and by the time I had finished up with some work I needed to get done it was too late, so I had to go on Saturday. Friday night was Sophia's 12th birthday party - 2 of my 3 all time favorite things -- pizza and cake!

With all the running around I had to do on Saturday I didn't get home until 4 and I hadn't even started cooking the chili, although the meat had been marinating. So I had to call Doug and tell him I wouldn't be able to rehearse. He wasn't very happy about that and said he wasn't going to come to my super bowl party if I wouldn't come to rehearsal. Very mature, yea?

Today I had to meet with the woman house and Tink sitting for us. She's Mr. M's bookkeeper and just LOVES Tinkerbell to death! She's so excited to be able to have all that time with her and I'm happy that somebody will be taking care of her at home, at least for a few days. She'll only have to stay in the kennel four nights.

You just wouldn't believe how everything is growing. It honestly looks like spring out there in the gardens and it's only February. Remember last year how snowy and terrible it was? It was snowing during the St. Patrick's day dash! My tulips are coming up in the garden! I seriously have to get out there or hire somebody soon.

No comments: