04 February, 2010

Mystery solved

Of course, they were right in the closet where they should have been. How I missed them I will never know. I was pretty groggy, having stayed up extra late the night before, but still I am surprised how easily I found them when I got home.

I was SO tired yesterday, all day long. The meeting, as is true of most committee meetings, was more talk than action and I was fighting not to yawn through the entire time. Noon knitting was nice and the sun was out (!!) which is extra nice since there are windows where we knit. And in that natural light I was able to see that the yarn I had purchased for my Great Gatsby Dress is dyed a little funny. I bought it on line because the local yarn store only had one skein of the color I wanted. The on line store said nothing about the yarn not being first quality, but as I said, in natural light it is apparent that these are seconds. Ah well .. I am just figuring it will give the garment depth, especially the lace portions. If I find once I get to the plain knitting that I don't like it then we'll have to revisit the issue.

Mr. M is double booked with shows for this weekend and is loading in the first one today. This means I will not have any help at all for putting together the party for Sunday. I don't think it's going to be an issue because it is definitely not going to be as huge as it was last year. Seems that there is another large show loading in on Sunday so a good many of the guests are now going to have to be working. Oh well ... fewer guests, less mess. And I know the ones that are coming are mostly my friends, so I know I'll have good time. And really, the only thing I have to do is make a batch of chili. I've got a new recipe I'm going to try. It's rather labor intensive but everything I've read indicates it is really worth it. I can cook it Saturday and then only have to re-heat it on Sunday. So I guess my main concern is making an inventory of the disposable cutlery and plates and bowls and replenishing that and maybe buying some chips and stuff to make guacamole when I get the chili stuff. Easy.

No comments: