25 February, 2010

These computer problems!!!!

It is just one thing after another! No, I didn't get another virus, thank goodness. When I use my laptop at work I don't bother plugging into the Ethernet, I just use the wireless connection. I had no problem connecting to my class server and making changes to my class sites, but when I tried to get onto the departmental server it was a no go. The only thing I can figure is the IT guy has not set it up so that I can connect with this machine over the wireless from here. I can do it easily enough from home though. I guess I will work from home tomorrow so I can get these updates done. I have no idea when he's going to be able to fix my machine because even though his vacation is due to end, he blew his knee out snowboarding and so might be laid up for a few more days. Lucky for me it's not September or I'd be in real trouble. The good news is Mr. M has a load in tomorrow so I'll have a nice quiet house .... although come to think about it, his daughter is (still) staying with us and is due to come back from visiting her grandparents tomorrow. Oh well ..... she most likely will be out and about anyway.

I have all my clothes so I AM going to run today. NO excuses. I'll take it nice and slow. I won't be ready for the St. Patrick's Day Dash, but perhaps there's a race in April I can shoot for. So I drove in today and as I was walking down the steps I noticed again how the garden is just going crazy. Unless it's pouring rain on Saturday, I'm going to have to get out there and so a little clean up. Things are coming to life at an alarming rate.

I made some sort of mistake in the lace on the Gatsby dress at noon knitting yesterday. I was doing the first set of decreases and made some sort of mistake. I thought I had it figured out until I got a closer look last evening. Since I am just hopeless at tinking back when there are yarn-overs involved and I don't feel like ripping it out and picking up those stitches again so I'm going to leave it. It will not be noticeable when it's on because it will be the back left portion. Unless someone was on their knees inspecting up close it's not going to show up. Says I!

No comments: