09 February, 2010

It's so hard to wake up on a foggy day

I know that it will be lovely at lunchtime, but it's foggy and cold now. I was going to bike in but then decided to drive so I could make a couple stops on the way home. There are so many little details to take care of before we leave. It's not nearly so chaotic when just I am going away, but when I've got the dog to make arrangements for and the husband to wrangle .... it makes it much more complicated. It's all doable. And the sad part is that it's going to go by so quickly! Then there will be the rest of the winter to get through. It is getting lighter though. It's noticeable finally.

I really wanted to knit last night but after getting the house picked up from the party and getting dinner going I just wasn't in the mood to do anything but watch a little TV. I went upstairs early to read and fell asleep early. But tonight .... ahhhhh LOST is tonight. I can knit through the first hour - the repeat of last week - but then I must put it down so I can concentrate. Oh! That's another thing I need to do. I need to figure out what project I'm going to take with me. I am thinking of making a tilted blocks pattern wrap with four skeins of Kureyon I have. I'll do alternating colorways every pattern repeat. It's the same as the Enchanting scarf but it'll be much bigger. I think that would be a good project to take along. It'll be not so difficult that I can't sit and chat or drink while I knit and yet complicated enough so I don't get bored.

I am looking forward to a LOT of just plain relaxing. I have two movies on my iPhone as well as a couple of TV series [I just can't get enough of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"] and audio books. I just purchased the 8th episode of Ricky Gervais "Guide to" series. I can't decide whether I should save it or listen to it when I go for my walk today. Yeah ... that's the big decision for today.

No comments: