24 February, 2010

Sometimes I wonder .....

I get distracted so easily! Yesterday I spent the entire morning dealing with my PC virus issue. The backup IT guy contacted me and arranged to come take a look at my machine in the early afternoon. I ran a scan and found another instance of the offending program and cleaned it up and then ran another scan to make sure it was truly gone. It is gone, but it is quite obvious that my computer has been compromised since I still can't open many programs and there is a fake log in screen. He took my CPU and I am left to work on my laptop until our regular IT guy gets back from vacation and gets my computer fixed. All this to say that I really really REALLY needed my run and at 12:15 I closed my door and prepared to change clothes only to find that I had forgotten a crucial item. And that's where the distraction comes in -- I had been gathering my running clothes and been briefly distracted with another thought and there you have it. The attention span of a ... a ... 2 year old. It's quite annoying.

I did a few more rows of Gatsby last night during the LOST re-cap but put it down for the regular episode, which I thought was really good. It had a nice little twist at the end. I really can't imagine how they're going to tie up all the loose ends. I guess that's why we watch, eh?

Our dinner companions on the cruise were Christine and Dave. Christine is Mike Holmgren's cousin! I wanted to ask her all sorts of personal questions about him but I did not. Remarkable restraint on my part, don't you think? They were pretty conservative people. Members of the Crystal Cathedral. yikes

No comments: