08 September, 2010

And my head comes above water to take a breath

As predicted the weather was not all that nice this weekend but I managed to eke out some enjoyment even though my house guest is STILL hanging around.  He is getting closer to leaving though and I have my fingers crossed that he'll be hitting the highway on Thursday or Friday at the latest.  Am I fooling myself?  Yes, yes I probably am.  It's either that or go absolutely crazy.  I'll tell you what though, when he finally does vacate I am going to run around the house stark naked.  And then go buy an industrial sized bottle of Febreeze and get to work on the upholstery.

Because it was icky outside and because I hate gardening in anything but ideal weather (and still I hate it then as well) I mostly knit and listened to my audiobook.  I finished the last Tana French novel, "Faithful Place".  I liked it the least of the 3.  The second one, "Likeness" was my favorite. 

Anyway ... I finished up the blanket on Saturday before rehearsal.  I had just enough of the cotton yarn, thank goodness.  It turned out really cute.  Then before rehearsal I started the Shining Birds Eyes shawl.  I bought this kit from Elann with a gift from one of my friends who also has the bug.  The yarn is absolutely the softest and most gorgeous stuff!  You hold two strands together - one of  Elann Silken Kydd (a Kidsilk Haze knock off) and the other a cashmere and alpaca blends and the resulting fabric is indescribable.  So soft and yet with a silky feel and a little weight to it.  I started and ripped out twice!  The third time I cast on with a larger needle and some scrap yarn and went at it to figure out where I was going wrong.  I don't like to work from charts so I was working from the written directions but checked the charts all the same.  Then I realized that the markers move on rows 5 and 7.  Ah ha!  Don't you think that could have been written into the pattern?  Come on!!  Once I figured that out it was time to go to rehearsal so I couldn't start in earnest until Sunday.   And Sunday I did get a good start.  And did a bit more on Monday.  I also started another blanket for TV knitting.  This shawl is definitely not TV knitting.  It's sit in a quiet corner knitting.

I was quite anxious for the Husky football game on Saturday and watched until the last second when I had to go to rehearsal.  At that point I was stuck checking the score on my iPhone.  And much to my dismay, they lost.  Jake came out there looking awesome but he can't do everything.  Plus which BYU is a good team.  And coming up we host Syracuse here.  All that hype.  They'd better do something!

The Seahawks host San Francisco this Sunday for their season opener.  Tomorrow is the first pro game so I've got to make sure my fantasy teams are set.  The Seahawks released Housh, who I had on my bench.  He signed with another team and I'm not sure how that works out.  I am slammed at work - I'll have to take sometime tonight and get online and get that taken care of.

The weather is crap all week.  I SO wanted to ride in today but it was dumping rain all night.  I woke up four times from the rain.  It's like in May - still warm enough to have the windows wide and so when it rains I wake up.  I hate that.  Thankfully I was able to get back to sleep and I don't feel too bad today.  I can't ride tomorrow either because I've got a quiz to give first thing in the morning.  Friday no ... errands after work.  I feel like a slug.  Maybe I can get out and run tomorrow afternoon. 

No comments: