27 September, 2010

I've got blisters on me fingers!!

Boy do I feel stupid.  And sore, let's not forget sore.  I had a really great weekend out in Union, Washington which is on Hood Canal.  We went out Friday afternoon to spend the weekend with friends in a house on the golf course at Alderbrook.  It was a birthday weekend for my friend.  She doesn't golf but I (kind of) do so the idea was that her husband and I would have a nice couple days of golf and we'd all have a nice relaxing time.  They left earlier that I was able to get away so I skipped the golf on Friday and Saturday afternoon we set out for 18 holes.  It was GORGEOUS outside.  A really beautiful day.   And I was looking forward to it.  I hadn't golfed for two years so I knew it would take a few holes to get my mojo back and indeed it did.  But everyone was very nice and laid back and we let a few parties play through so we didn't feel rushed.  Unfortunately I was SO out of it that by the 12th hole I had blisters on my fingers and my thumb!  Yes, I was wearing a glove on my left hand.  However I was gripping the clubs rather tightly and the glove was rubbing on my right ring finger.  I had to stop because we had no band aids and I literally could not swing.  We were going to quit at the 14th anyway because it was taking forever and that's where the house is.  And the next morning as the day went on I got stiffer and more sore!  My neck and back!   Just not used to that motion.  Of course I hit easily twice as many balls as my partner.  Yeah, I got my money's worth for sure.

I hit the jacuzzi tub as soon as I got home on Sunday after getting a load of laundry going, but it didn't help much.  I was in agony all night.  Every time I turned over I woke up, it seemed.  I finally took some Naproxen this morning and I'm feeling almost normal.  At least I can turn my head now without wincing.  When did I become such a wuss?

Mr. M had to leave at some ridiculous time on Sunday morning ... as in 5 am ... to get to a load-in so I hung out with my friends and watched football and had a leisurely ride back, listening to the Seahawks game which was very exciting.  And they won!  I had purchased the special football package from Dish network called NFL Red Zone and I was really looking forward to seeing the highlights of the game.  We had not one but two kick offs returned for touchdowns.  One 101 yards and the other 99 yards.  This was the first Sunday evening I was available to watch my new channel but it wasn't coming on!  Dang!  I called Dish but wasn't able to get a satisfactory explanation only that they would report it.  Well ... thanks.  I will try to call them again today and see if there's a better explanation available.

We did a little yarn shopping while on our weekend.  I bought a very cute sock kit and a couple balls of lovely soft mohair for a scarf. Monika was a good girl.

It's going to be a busy week.  I'd better get at it.

No comments: