02 September, 2010

Dragging

It is the super busy time of year for me when I get to work, turn around twice and it's 5 o'clock.   Definitely it is better to be too busy than not busy at all, but it takes its toll.  I am dragging today.  Part of that is because my houseguest thought it was a good idea to get up at 3 am and make himself some microwave popcorn.  Nice.  That woke me up because the microwave is right below my head in the kitchen.  I got up for a drink of water which in turn woke Mr. M up and he couldn't get back to sleep and started tossing and turning which kept me awake.  Thank goodness it's Thursday and we've got a long weekend.  I plan on doing some sleeping.  It is supposed to be rainy this weekend, which is not good for Bumbershoot.  Hopefully it won't be pouring rain.  I'm not going to be going but Mr. M has a stage and it's kind of a drag keeping all that sound gear out of the wet.

After I got cleaned up and did a little work in my office I plugged in my audiobook - I'm now listening to Tana French's third novel, "Faithful Place" - and worked on the blanket.  It is really close to being done now.  One more 16 row repeat, a final 12 row repeat and 4 garter rows.  Thirty-two more rows.  I can definitely get it done this weekend and cast on for the  Shining Birds Eyes shawl, which I will find infinitely more interesting. 

I would of course love to get out in the garden but I don't have any great hope of that.  I refuse to pull weeds in the rain.  Fingers crossed for just a little more sun so my tomatoes can ripen.  I have lots of Romas, and maybe six Early Girls.

No comments: