13 September, 2010

What a fabulous weekend!

Ah yes, it was grrrrreat!  I turned onto my street Friday and lo and behold the driveway did NOT contain a junk heap.  The boy was gone and I had the whole house all to myself the entire weekend.   I was pretty tired Friday so didn't stay up too late.  Just had a nice little dinner, watched some TV and did some TV knitting.  Saturday I had intended to work in the garden but it was icky outside and I had plenty of work to do inside.  I got the first of about a million loads of laundry going, walked Tink and then went out to run errands.  I still had a couple of hours to knit on the tough project before the football game. 

This was the Huskies second game and Syracuse came out on fire.  They scored 10 points in the first quarter and the Huskies nothing.  Ah but then ... the Huskies seemed to click all of a sudden and they ended up winning 41 to 20.  It was wonderful!  I didn't get the see the end of the game because I had to run off to rehearsal.  We had another guitar player join us part way through.  It was nice to have the extra instrument.  It really adds a lot of depth to the sound.  I understand he can sing harmonies as well.  We will see next Saturday but so far so good.  I still haven't told Doug that I can't be at rehearsal the last week of the month since we are going away with friends for a birthday weekend.  It was planned way before he had booked this little 30 minute gig.  I guess we're just going to have to get together during the week a couple times.

Sunday I got up early and set to work using the heavy duty carpet spot cleaner on all of the messes that boy left on my carpet.  And it worked great!  I was pretty impressed.  Sunday evening my old high school Anthropology teach came over for dinner and to show me the slides from his trip to Turkey last spring and the souvenirs he brought back.  We had a wonderful time.  He takes a trip every spring and takes photographs that he sells.  This next spring he's going to Tunisia and Sicily and Rome .... I can't remember the other places.  I would DEARLY love to meet him in Tunisia to travel around for a couple weeks.  I have such a travel bug.  I haven't been to Europe since the last time I went to London at Thanksgiving ... what? 3 years ago?  Too long. I need to start scheming!!

Also on Sunday was Seahawks game day and they won as well!  It's funny but their game started out much like the Huskies and they ended up winning too.  My fantasy teams .... the one with my nephew I am not doing nearly so well as the others and that's most likely because I didn't get to draft my players on his team and I'm sure I got the dregs.  There is a trade being contemplated and I would end up with what I consider to be better players but I've got to take a little time and check them out first. 

No comments: