16 September, 2010

It's starting early this year

The flu season is upon us.  And it's early this year.  My nephews in California have both been sick and yesterday one of my knitting buddies was also out.  I'm feeling marginally better today but I'm still not feeling like going in to work would be a good idea so it's work from home again today.  No matter how I feel tomorrow I've got to get in so I'll drive for sure.

Tink was good company yesterday, as she usually is when I'm under the weather. But now she's not feeling well.  I had to let her out at 6 because her tummy was gurgling.  It is so loud that I can hear it so you know she's not feeling well.  She's been out for about an hour, eating grass.  I wish curing my upset could be that easy.  Just go outside and grab a couple hands full of grass and let the magic begin. 

Obviously I didn't do any knitting yesterday.  When I wasn't actually doing work I was snoozing and in the evening I watched mindless TV.  I didn't feel much like eating.  The only things that appealed to me yesterday was soup and cereal and milk.  Odd, huh? 

I also did a good couple hours of reading.  I am enjoying "Medium Raw", Anthony Bourdain's second book about cooking and food.  Before "Kitchen Confidential" he had written another book, a mystery that never got off the ground.  He has a very casual voice and I like his sense of humor.  I have a stack of books by my bed.  Less knitting, more reading.  That should be my motto.  Although .... still a big fan of the audio books.  I just feel like I am cheating somehow.  I know that doesn't make sense, but there ya go.

No comments: