20 September, 2010

Not such a good football weekend

It was a busy weekend.  I drove in on Friday because we had to go to Mr. M's youngest daughter's wedding.  She is going to have a real wedding next August but they decided to have a quick one to make it legal.  So it was rush rush rush.  It was quickly thrown together and held at the common room at Mr. M's parent's condo and even though it was immediate family only that comprised 28 people.  The groom's mother was supposed to bring salad to compliment the lasagna and bread.  Instead she brought more pasta.  So dinner consisted of lasagna, fettuccine, bread and cake.  The cake was awesome.

I was looking forward to Saturday.  Mr. M was up and out to a show early and I was looking forward to knitting and football.  The  Huskies were playing Nebraska at home.  Nebraska is ranked number 8.  And oh my goodness they played like it.  They crushed us.  I put the game on record at about an hour in and took a nap so when it was done I could fast forward through the carnage.  As before the special teams were awful.  And the defense was missing tackles.  Hope we do better in conference play. 

I did have a little time before rehearsal to work a few rows of the Shining Birds Eyes Shawl.  And also some time on Sunday.  It is slow going.  And since it is bottom up, or point up since it's triangular, it gets larger every four rows.  I've done 10 rows so far and have 17 more to go before the picot edging.  I just love the feel of this.  So soft and yet it's got a little weight.  It is just such a hassle to knit.  Again I've chosen a pattern that has no easy purl back.  Each row is a lace row and every other row you have to move the markers.  But it's going to be gorgeous and I'll use it a lot.

We had an okay rehearsal on Saturday.  We are indeed going to be playing a short set on October 2nd.  Unfortunately both Gregg (the bass player) and I will be gone this coming weekend, so we're going to do another rehearsal this Wednesday night.  The new guitar player is a nice enough guy but it's very frustrating the way Doug is trying to teach him the songs.  And I'm not all that keen on the 10 song he chose.  But what the heck, I'm only the singer.  And he decided on a name.  Try to hold back your gag reflex ... okay, ready?  Shelley and the Resist Hers.  I swear to god.  And now of course we're louder than ever and I am concerned about being able to hear.  If I can't hear I can't sing.  I'm trying to find out who is mixing us.  Mr. M will undoubtedly know him/her and if I can get a pair of In Ears Monitors I should be okay.

It doesn't look like we're going to get an Indian Summer this year.  I turned off the irrigation system this weekend since it was pouring rain and cloudy.  Ah well.  Maybe next year.

Yesterday I had lots of errands to do -- grocery shopping and schlepping my food to work for the week and then laundry.  But I got all of my running around done in time for the football game.  Seahawks at Denver playing the Broncos.  And again, terrible game.  The Seahawks could not get anything going at all.  They are still crap on the road.  My fantasy teams didn't do that good either but I've got Monday Night football points yet and so hopefully I'll pull out of the basement.

No comments: