03 September, 2010

I love the long weekend!

It is absolutely gorgeous today!  Blue sky and a few puffy clouds and it's supposed to get up to 80.  I am hoping to scoot out of here a bit early today so I can enjoy it because tomorrow and the rest of the weekend it's going to be in the low 60s and cloudy, maybe even rainy.  I'll find a way to enjoy the weekend, no worries there.  Mr. M is going to be working and, with any luck, my houseguest will be driving home and if not, out at Bumbershoot most of the time so I can have the house all to myself.  I am going to read and knit and that's about it.  Well, rehearse on Saturday.  My goal is to get that blanket finished up and then start a new project.

Last night was the Seahawks' last preseason game.  They lost to the Raiders.  And to add insult to injury, even though I was tired I stayed up to watch it!  I was knitting so it wasn't totally wasted time but still.  Tomorrow is the game I am most looking forward to - the first Husky football game.  They are away, playing BYU.  They have a super tough schedule this year.  Not only BYU but Syracuse AND Nebraska.  With all the hype they are giving Jake Locker it will be really embarrassing if he doesn't come through.  Really.

And then Tuesday starts the school year again.  September is always the toughest month for everyone around here and the first week especially.  I am getting tired just thinking about it.

No comments: