02 November, 2010

Back in the bike saddle again

Despite the warnings for a particularly nasty and early winter, the weather is still quite mild and since we haven't turned our clocks back yet, the mornings are pretty dark as well.  We will have lighter mornings starting this coming Saturday but again it won't be long before it's dark and treacherous.  I haven't been out there on the trail for more than a week so I was a bit surprised by how many big patches of wet leaves there are now.  It helps smooth out the bumps.

Despite my best intentions and working an hour at lunchtime and during the football game last night, I still haven't finished the Coquille.  Plus my stitch count is way off!  I don't know how that happened exactly but I'm going to have to figure it out at lunchtime today and then maybe I can finish it up tonight.  I want to get started on those convertible mittens.

My nephews are coming to visit for a long weekend - arriving next Thursday evening and leaving Sunday evening.  My other nephew that lives up here is having a birthday on Tuesday so hopefully I can make a little party at my house for everyone on Friday.  Thursday is a holiday for us so I'll take the Friday as well and have myself a nice long weekend too!  I'd probably be better off taking the Monday but I can't.

My fantasy team just took a big hit - Randy Moss was let go from the Vikings.  He was put on waivers and that means that, starting with the lowest ranking team, he can be picked up from the Vikings for the amount of his contract - something around 6 million I believe.  He hasn't been producing much and I really wanted to get rid of him and nearly had a trade done before they dropped that bombshell.  But who knows, maybe he'll get picked up from a team that can get the ball to him and he can score some points for me.  So far he has been a huge dud.

No comments: