08 November, 2010

Unbelievable but true

The football was even worse that I had imagined.  Just awful.  I didn't really have much  hope for the Huskies going up against the number one team in the nation with a back up quarterback.  And since I had slept in late on Saturday I decided to just put off doing the errands until Sunday and take it easy.  Mr. M had to leave for a show so Tink and I had the house nice and quiet to ourselves.  After breakfast and cleaning up we went for our walk and then I settled in with my convertible mittens to knit on and the football game to watch.  And actually the Huskies did better than expected for the first half.  So I kept watching.  They were tied 3-3, but when they came back from the half the Ducks, who are famous for making adjustments during the half, came out and just ran all over us.  I switched off the torture.

Rehearsal was pretty good.  I felt much better than I had last weekend and the number of songs that we are really clicking on are growing, plus the new guy is fitting in nicely.  And bonus -- it was turn back the clock night so I got home at 10:30 but had an extra hour to de-stress and so I had a nice evening of "Saturday Night Live" and a couple martinis. 

I was up and out so early on Sunday even though I tried to sleep in.  And because I'm so used to running errands on Saturday, when I got to the salon it was closed.  They don't open until 11 on Sunday.  So off I went to the mall -- but same story.  Doh!  So I went to the grocery store and shopped slowly until I could get to the mall, then the salon and home in time to get dinner into the slow cooker, laundry going and settle in to watch the Seahawks.  I love my RedZone from Dish network, now that I finally figured out that it is over at 5 pm, so I was watching that and keeping track of my fantasy team.  Which -- erghghgh -- so I got these new guys who were KILLING last week and this week ... pft.  Nada.  I have one player in tonight's game and he's going to have to go crazy for me to win.  Not going to happen.  Anyway ... so the Seahawks were playing the Giants and we have just run over them the last few times they've played here.  This time?  Not so much.  We had our back up quarterback in and he couldn't connect with the receivers and the Giants offense was just running all over us, not the mention their defense picking off our quarterback.  We gave that game away.  It was pitiful.  I couldn't watch it.

I did very well with my convertible mittens.  I got the mitt part done and a few rows done on the mitten part.  I wish I had done a couple rows of ribbing when I started working on the covered part but I was so anxious to see if it was going to work.  This is my prototype anyway.  Next I will perfect the pattern with worsted weight yarn on size 6 needles and then do one last pair on size 3 needles and then I should be able to put the pattern on Ravelry.  And I'll have a few new pairs of convertible mittens. 

Short week this week.  Thursday is a holiday and my nephews are coming in from California for a visit.  I will take Friday off for a vacation day so I can spend as much time as possible with them.  I am making a party Friday night for my other nephew's birthday so it's going to be a busy weekend, but fun fun fun!

No comments: