05 November, 2010

I had a great day yesterday

It was going to be a beautiful and sunny day.  I could tell even in the wee dawn light -- plus it had been forecast as such.  Mr. M had a show and was going to be gone from 8 am until 10 pm.  I had nothing at the office that I couldn't do from home so I decided, at 6:30 am, to work from home.  Knowing that the weekend is going to be cold and wet, I figured this would be the perfect (and only) time to get the vegetable beds cleaned up, tomato cages put away, pea vine sticks also stowed and maybe put together a couple of planters for the new patio.  I was outside by 8 am and make quick work of the vegetable bed clean out.  I didn't go crazy - just got the big stuff and cut down the blackberry vines crawling over from the neighbor's yard. 

I got on the computer and did a little work work and then dashed out to run some errands during lunch -- early lunch actually since I had been up and going so early.  Unfortunately I couldn't find any plants to put in the planters.  I wanted maybe some autumn pansies and some decorative cabbage.  Obviously I went to the wrong places.  I didn't really want to take the time to go to a full blown garden store but maybe I can do that this weekend.  I also made a quick run through Costco, just because it was a weekday morning and I knew it wouldn't be crowded and I thought maybe they might have some odd plants.  They didn't but I did pick up the Blu-Ray version of Toy Story 3 .. with digital copy.  I love the digital copy.  I know it's crazy small but watching movies on my iPhone is just so fun.

It was so nice and clean and quiet and sunny.  I had finished my Coquille shawl the night before so I tossed it in the washer and blocked it in the afternoon.  Here it is drying on the guest bed.  You can't even tell that I made that mistake unless you carefully count the points.   I was quite keen to cast on for the convertible mittens, which I did and got about 2 inches of ribbing done.  I meant to bring them in to work with me so I could do some at lunch but I forgot.  I did wear this today but frankly it's not that cold for such a heavy scarf.

It is going to be a very bad football weekend, I already know for sure.  First of all the Huskies are playing the Ducks, who are ranked number 1 in the nation.  We haven't been playing all that well and now it's going to be even worse because we're using the backup quarterback.  Jake Locker's bruised ribs turned into cracked ribs and now, broken so he can't play.  The Seahawks are playing the Giants and although they are here at home Matt Hasselbeck was concussed last weekend and is not cleared to play.  We have a pretty good back up quarterback but he hasn't had much real playing time.  Hopefully  my fantasy team will do well this weekend.

No comments: