01 November, 2010

Another horrible football weekend

The little party Friday evening was quite nice and we stayed for a couple of hours.  I went right to bed when we got home, I was so tired!  I didn't sleep - couldn't sleep.  Which is so annoying.  I was just exhausted but I couldn't fall asleep.  I ended up reading and messing with my iPhone until I finally drifted off. 

Saturdays are more like work days, especially when there's a rehearsal at 7 pm.  I got up and out early enough so that I was able to walk and wash Tinkerbell and, as planned, spend a couple of hours on my fancy shawl.  It is coming along but now I am really quite anxious to finish up the Coquille so that I can make some convertible mittens to go with it.  I was thinking last week that I really need another pair of fingerless mitts since the ones I made a couple years ago are getting kind of ratty.  I thought it would be more useful to make mittens that convert to fingerless mitts but I couldn't find a pattern that I liked.  None of them are written to be done on two circulars and they all without exception make you knit through the palm with waste yarn and then go back and pick up those stitches to make the mitts.  I got to thinking that if one were to make them on two circulars that whole mess could be avoided.  So I am going to make my own pattern using the other two balls of Noro sock yarn I have and write it up and put it on Ravelry.  I need to finish that project first though because I have too many balls in the air as it is.

Rehearsal was good, mostly, but tempers flared near the end.  All of us except Doug, the leader, think we need more dance music.  When people come out to hear a band, especially a new one, they are not looking to see a concert.  They want to dance. Also, everyone but him wants to play in clubs and bars and he wants to only do parties.  He doesn't realize that in a party situation especially people don't want to hear slow tunes, they want to dance.  I am conflicted about what to do about it.  I have to do the gig on the 27th but after that ... I just don't know. 

Football this weekend was a travesty.  The Huskies were shut out at home for the first time in ... what? 50 years or more?  It was ugly.  The Seahawks went to Oakland and the Raiders kicked their collective butts to the tune of 33 to 3.  And my fantasy ... I managed to pick up two awesome players last week but instead of starting them, I let them sit on the bench because I thought my current line up was pretty sweet.  Ends up my bench out performed my players buy a lot.  SO annoying!  Let's cross our fingers that I win something tonight, although with those numbers it's not too likely.

No comments: