09 November, 2010

If at first you don't succeed

I finished up my first pair of convertible mittens last night during the football game (no money this week).  They are not perfect and not even wearable - by me anyway.  I started the decreases for the mitten top too early so the flap is not long enough, leaving a gap at the palm.  I have a couple of design changes in mind and will scrap that pair.  I would frog them but I ended the mitten part with an I-cord and finished one of them, sewing the I-cord end inside the mitten and stitching the ribbing inside the hand.   I think it would be much more of a hassle than it's worth.  I'll just scrap them.  I do have enough of that sock yarn to make another pair, easily.  My next pair is going to be on size six needles with the pure cashmere I made my bandit out of a few months ago.

It was raining this morning.  I was just going upstairs to put on my rain pants and my booties that my wonderful friend gave me after we biked in the pouring rain during the month of May.  But before I did that I checked once more and it had stopped.  I hate wearing those rain pants so I just said the heck with it and took off.  But of course it started raining again.  It wasn't so bad but I'm going to put my rain gear back into my panniers and leave it there.  I took it out earlier this summer because I needed extra room but it's time to put them where they belong.

I am getting so excited about my nephews visit!  And I made an appointment for a spa visit on Thursday afternoon.  It's been a while and I've been craving a massage.  A visit to the Olympus spa is just what the doctor ordered.  It's women only.  I like to do the body scrub - a massage plus you end up soft as a baby.  Ahhhhhh can't wait.

No comments: