16 November, 2010

Winter is sneaking up on us

My iPhone weather app, Yahoo weather, shows six days -- the current day and then an extended forecast.  You can put several cities in there so I can see what the weather is like in places I would like to be, places I will be in the near future, places where my friends are, etc.  The interesting thing I've noticed this morning is that we are forecast rain mixed with snow this weekend.  Brrrrrrr ...

Last week I finished up my audio book of Sarah Dunant's latest called "Sacred Hearts".  The narrator was just wonderful and the story also very good.  I love her books and I think this one is my favorite.  True love wins out in this one, not the Catholic church.  The one I am listening to now is very different. It's John Grisham's latest called "The Confession".  I was listening to it on Sunday while I was out walking Tinkerbell and it was so sad I started crying!  I wonder if I would have had the same reaction if I was reading rather than listening. 

It was a very stressful dog walking session.  Besides being charged at by a big dog, a woman started tapping on her window when Tink did a little piddle on the corner of her yard.  "Don't let your dog do its business in my yard"!! she hollered from her door.  I was taken aback and told her that I would never do that, it was just a little piddle!   And we kept on walking.  Then a minute or so later she came rushing after me to explain that she wasn't a mean person.  It was just that someone was not picking up after their dog and she had found three large messes when she went to do some gardening a few days ago.   But she could see that Tink was much too small to leave such a large mess.  I just wanted to get away from her.

While watching one of the most unusual and record breaking Monday night football games last night I was working on the convertible mittens.  I finished up the mitt part, broke the yarn and cast on for the ribbing for the part of the mitten that is palm-side.  I got distracted by the game and messed up the ribs.  It's going to be too obvious to call a design element so I'm going to rip the few rows out and start over at lunch time today.  I would like to get the ribbing done and get a good bit knit up on the mitten part tonight.  I want to finish these this week so I can write up the pattern and make another pair.

No comments: