15 November, 2010

It was really really nice

Just a fabulous look weekend!  Even the weather cooperated.  Wednesday night started the party with a nice dinner out at a restaurant I've been wanting to try for a while.  I had the duck, which was very very good.  Unfortunately I don't eat things that rich very often and I did not sleep well at all.  In fact I was awake from 1 am until after 4.  I did get to sleep in a bit Thursday morning, but not too long because I had a couple of stops to make before the spa appointment at 12:30.  First there was the yarn shop to check out their sale -- I bought a couple of magazines and a couple of skeins of yarn but nothing on sale.  Then out to Tuesday Morning just for fun -- got out of there quite cheaply as well.  Then it was off to the spa.  I could have been a better experience.  It was nice and I got a great scrub but it wasn't as relaxing as I had hoped because it was very busy.  There are signs posted everywhere saying that you are supposed to speak only in whispers but people just ignore it.  The pool room has a waterfall into a cool pool, then three other pools of varying heat where the ladies soak before the scrubs or moisturizing or just to soak.  So you can imagine when all of the pools are full of yapping women and the sound is echoing off the tile floor and walls and the waterfall is making noise ... gah!  It was really getting to me.  Of course, by the time I was done with my scrub it was nice and quiet there.  Next time I make an appointment I'm going to make sure I don't come at the busiest time of the day.

My nephews arrived that evening around 9:30 so I didn't get much time to knit that evening before I had to go pick them up.  We stayed up until we were all three starting to fall asleep in front of the TV.  We had a big day Friday to look forward to so we all went to bed around midnight.  Unfortunately I woke up WAY too early because Mr. M had to get up at 4 am for a job in Tacoma and I never really got back to deep sleep.  The boys slept in a bit and after breakfast we went out to shop for the birthday party we were having that night for my eldest nephew.  We went to the mall and the party store and Best Buy and finally the grocery store.  By then we were starving so we had some Pho then headed back home so I could get dinner started.  Because I had a bad night Wednesday night and hadn't gotten caught up Thursday I was dragging Friday afternoon and oh, I truly wanted a nap.  But one thing led to another and I just couldn't fit it in. 

So I had a house full starting at 6 and we had a fun party.  I asked my nephew what he wanted for his birthday dinner and he chose meatloaf!  Well that was easy enough and everybody likes meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  We had a yummy cake and everyone had a great time.  And we stayed up way too late.  Again.

Saturday I took all three nephews out to lunch at FX McRory's, then we had to run a few errands.  That evening was a major boxing match on PayPerView that we all wanted to watch.  The oldest nephew had to take one of his children to a party after lunch so we left him to it and did our errands.  I was able to get a one hour lay down that afternoon while the two guys were watching football but I didn't really sleep.  The boxing was great and we watched in the theatre.  The picture was sometimes a little TOO good.  You could really see some gory details.  And we stayed up way too late.  Again.

I managed to sleep in until maybe 9 on Sunday.  Mr. M hadn't gotten home until 3 or 4 am so he was going to sleep late as were the boys.  Although they did manage to get up in time to start watching the first football games.  The red zone is perfect for fantasy football because you can see all the teams.  Oh.  And the Seahawks won!  I lost my fantasy matchup but what else is new.  I had managed to put off my rehearsal to Sunday afternoon.  I was able to do a little knitting in between cleaning up from the weekend and football but I had to finally say goodbye at 3 and dash off to rehearsal, leaving Mr. M to take them to the airport while I was gone.

Rehearsal went okay.  We are all feeling a sense of urgency since our gig is coming up on the 27th.  Maybe 3 more rehearsals and a ton of work to do.  I was so exhausted though I could barely make it through.  We went until 6:30 then I was out of there.  I wanted to just relax, do a little knitting and go to bed early.  I was in bed before 9:30 and I truly believe I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.  And I woke up feeling fantastic!  I needed sleep and it was sweet and deep.  I did wake up a couple times for water.  Mr. M had ordered Chinese food while I was gone and since I was not in the mood to cook I was glad for it, but it made me thirsty.  And then of course while I was awake I started thinking about all the lyrics I have yet to memorize.  But I managed to put that to the back of my mind and fall back to sleep.

Even though I never really had a good chunk of time to knit this weekend I did manage to finish the thumb gusset and start on the hand part of the convertible mittens.  I want to make these ones work since I'm using cashmere and I'm not about to waste it.  I made a little error last night when I started the ribbing directly after the thumb gusset was finished.  I am going to call it a design element.  It was only a couple of rows and in fact it might help the fit. No one will know that I didn't mean to do it.  I sure want to finish those early this week.  I have so many things I want to make!!

No comments: