17 November, 2010

Very close

I am SO close to finishing the convertible mittens and they are JUST what I was looking for.  They fit perfectly -- at least they fit me perfectly which at this point is all that matters.  I believe I solved the problem of the mitten top overlap but I won't know until I start the finishing.  I am going to have to be crafty in sewing the little tabs down on the corners.  If I can be tidy about it the join should be invisible.  My only concern with these is that they are 100% cashmere and I suspect they're going to pill.  But they are so very soft and warm.  I'll just deal with it.

It is a work at home day for me today.  Mr. M is going to be taking off soon for a job and the cleaners are busy.  Soon it will be quiet and clean and I can work.  It is not a very nice day but at least it's not pouring rain.  Tomorrow I have to bike to work no matter what because there is going to be a football game at 5 pm, televised by ESPN and parking is severely limited and buses, although free, will be jammed..  This, of course, was set up way back when the Huskies were supposed to be winning everything.  Now it's just another public humiliation on a grand and national scale.  Jake Locker has been pleading with his doctors to let him play -- his last home game -- with his cracked ribs.  I haven't had time to read the sports page yet.  I sure hope he can play, for his sake and the teams.

No comments: