11 October, 2011

Here comes the weather!

I almost wish I had buttoned the lining into my trench coat this morning.  It's blowing and definitely cooler.  I woke up in the middle of the night to a big storm and I was thinking that if it kept up I was going to have to run on the treadmill after work.  But this morning, although it's chilly, the wind has done its work and the clouds are moving so it's not raining now.  I'd much rather run outside than in the stuffy little workout room.

Yesterday was crazy busy and the final for Anatomy.  I brought Tink with me so I could stay for the last party and I did until after six, which is not usual for me but everyone was having a good time.  Plus - bonus - I didn't have to make dinner because I ate plenty of pizza.

I didn't even bother watching the Monday night football game.  I had already lost my matchup by 2.5 points!!!!  My team is the worst and there are no good players left out there.  These guys I play with are super smart.  In fact I don't think they do anything else during the fantasy football season except work and keep up on the fantasy teams.  Any time a good guy is available they snatch him up so no one else can get him.  Of course, that's how you win but frankly I don't have that kind of time to devote to it.  Lesson learned.

I did a bit more work on the spur or the moment cowl I started.  I think I've found the ideal project for chunky yarn - a cowl.  Not that this won't be nice, because almost anything made from mohair is nice, but even on size seven needles it's not a speedy knit.  I did a row of eyelets.  I won't make this a huge one, but maybe two or three more sections topped with eyelets.  Then I'll try some pretty ribbon in there to see if I can get the effect I'm going for.  If so, next time I'll work it up with larger needles.

I still haven't signed up for the Dawg Dash, which is the 23rd.  If I am still feeling great by the end of the week I'll do it.  It is a fun event, and there's free parking AND they've changed the start of the race to be on Montlake rather than inside the stadium.  I hear that the attendance is up over 300% from last year!  Everyone wants in on the historic occasion - the last time you can run around the stadium track before the renovation.  And for me, it's the first race I ever did.  I'd like to do it.

No comments: