19 October, 2011

That doesn't happen often!

Yesterday I went downstairs to the Hospital cashier to pay what I assumed was my final bill for my emergency room visit the day before I went to Las Vegas and the follow up clinic visit.  You know how it goes - you get bills from the primary provider and then from your insurance company and then another bill from the primary .... around and around and it's very confusing.  I trotted down there with my last two bills and asked the woman behind the counter to please tell me what the balance was and I'd pay it.  She went to her computer terminal and clicked and clacked for a while, then came back and informed me that I owed 1/10th of what I had assumed I owed and, bonus, it wasn't due until the next billing cycle!  Wow.  That was a very pleasant surprise.  How often does that happen?  Not very, is my guess.

I had another awesome run yesterday in the autumn sunshine.  Pretty soon the trees will all be turning but right now -- and I think it's a little late, actually -- there is still a lot of green out there with a few bright trees.  It was supposed to be rainy today but I woke up to clear skies.  No complaints here.  And no running today since it's noon knitting. I should be able to put that beret to bed, then I think I'll start on the convertible mitts.  I need a pair with thumbs to take on my trip for every day use.

I got a call from the newspaper a few days ago (I get home delivery of the Sunday paper only) telling me that for the next couple of months I would be getting the daily paper for free.  Since I finished my audiobook on the ride home yesterday I picked up my paper from the lobby and took it with me on the bus.  At the top of the front page are descriptions of top stories in each of the several sections.  Here's one that made me laugh, for the cooking section:  How to make 'Chocolate Better-than-Sex-Cake'.  Yeah.

What I have on my plate today - a programming mystery that had me in knots yesterday afternoon.  I have to figure it out today and I am NOT looking forward to it.  Wish me luck.  I'm goin' in.

No comments: