24 October, 2011

Monday already

Wow, this weekend flew by and I was not ready for that alarm this morning despite having gone to bed quite early.  I know it's just pre-vacation excitement but it's annoying to have to rush in the morning.  It was not a good weekend for football - not for Seattle anyway.  Saturday the Huskies got just crushed by Stanford.  I had a girlfriend over - her husband had told her that she was not fun to watch the game with .... I suspect that comment is going to come back to haunt him .... so she came to my place with pizza and salad and knitting and we watched the game until the beginning of the third quarter when it was just getting ridiculous.  We switched over to a silly movie and had a great evening. 

As I predicted I got beat in my fantasy league, although not as badly as I had thought I would.  I have one more player tonight but so does my matchup so I am pretty sure I'm cooked.  Tink and I had our normal long long walk and then I settled in to clean closets.  Not a fun chore but one that must be done and it was not so bad with football in the background. 

Then that was it.  Nothing too exciting.  I knit on my new convertible mitts, getting the cuff started.  But it's slow going with that mohair.  Once I get the cuff done it's going to fly off the needles.

It's going to be a very busy week so I'm going to get at it.

No comments: