20 October, 2011

Somebody slap me

Yet another groggy morning!  I was that close to a cold shower this morning, just to jolt some life into myself.  I settled for a cold slap of water in the face but it didn't work.  I guess I stayed up too late reading last night, which is so easy to do.  At least I'm not sick, like way too many people around here.  I am living a healthy life, eating well, exercising and TRYING to get a decent amount of sleep in order to keep the nasty bugs away.  Thank goodness the sick people are staying home rather than coming in to the office. 

The weather changed yesterday, it got cloudy although not any colder and the rain should be starting any time.  It was sprinkling last night when I took Tink out around 7-ish.  I hope it's not raining for my run today.  I am going to have to face the fact that sooner or later I'm going to be running in the rain so I should just shut up about it.

I finished the beret last night but neglected to take any pictures.  Maybe this weekend I can do that.  I think this will be closet cleaning and switching weekend and picture taking could fit in nicely.  I wanted to start on the mitts after finishing the beret but it was too late so I did a few rows on the cowl and then went to bed to read for what turned out to be a much longer time than I had planned.  Hopefully I'll conk out rapidly tonight.

I had a super successful and happy day yesterday, solving a knotty programming problem in the mid-afternoon.  Now the rest of this week is smoooooth sailing.  I have plenty of things to do and no rush at all with any of them.

Oh!  Some student is heating breakfast in the student lounge and the aroma of bacon and eggs is wafting down the hall.  I am SO hungry.  I have a terrific reason to have bacon coming soon - my  nephew.  But in the meantime I'll be good and have oatmeal and strawberries.

No comments: