21 October, 2011

Now I get it

I know why I was so groggy yesterday and again today.  I had forgotten about the dog Wednesday night but when it happened again last night ... or should I say early this morning ... it all came back to me.  A little dog starts barking and doesn't stop for hours.  This seems to start around 12:30 or 1 and last night continued until past 2:30, which is the last time I checked the clock.  It must have stopped some time soon after that.  I tried closing the window, I tried putting my head under the pillow but the barking came through.  It's a small dog so it's a sharp bark.  I cannot understand what could be going on but it's clear that the dog is alone otherwise the owner would surely wake up.  And the dog is either on the balcony, which is prohibited when no one is home, or in a room with the window open.  From the volume I would guess the dog is in the living room and barking through an open sliding door.  Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it today.  I'm going to call the management office this morning.  I will bet I am one of quite a few complaining this morning. 

I had such a great run yesterday.  I just love running in the mist.  It's refreshing and I swear that I get better oxygen transfer breathing in the moist air.  When I came in and went to lunch I ran into a friend of mine who also runs and she agreed it's her favorite weather as well.  We seem to be in the minority.  I might get another chance today if the mist doesn't change to drops.

I didn't start those mitts last night after all.  I think I'll start them tomorrow afternoon before the football game starts at 5.  I need to have a good chunk of time when I won't be disturbed and that's most likely on a weekend afternoon when Tink's had her 1 1/2 hour walk and is ready to snooze for a few hours.  After being alone all day she really does need some attention so it's hard to get more than 20 or 30 undisturbed minutes.  So I worked on the cowl when I could snatch a few minutes.  I don't know who I will be giving that to.  I don't think it's Emma's style.  She prefers deeper colors.  I might just keep it.

I anticipate a good football weekend, although I'm not sure I can say I anticipate wins.  I do believe the Huskies will give Stanford a run for their money, but their quarterback, Andrew Luck, is about the best in all of college football.  It's going to be hard to beat them.  If they did though, that would be awesome.  I need to fiddle a bit with my fantasy team today but I think I'm going to get crushed this weekend.  Ah well - nothing new there.

No comments: