28 November, 2011

Back to the real world

I have to say, that was the BEST vacation I've had in a very very long time.  It exceeded expectations a thousand times over.  And I believe I've finally found the cure for the teary days that seem to follow every wonderful vacation.  Basically it seems that crying over leaving people almost negates the good feelings.  I prefer to remember the wonderful time and not concentrate on the fact that those times aren't likely to be happening anytime again soon.  Oh ... I am so inarticulate sometimes!!  I prefer to think of those goodbyes as an au revoir rather than an adieu.  Much more sensible and much less crying. 

I returned home Saturday evening -- 6 o'clock Seattle time but 2 AM body time.  I had to stop at the grocery store to get something to eat, not knowing the status of my kitchen, and I couldn't remember my pin number.  I had a house sitter while I was gone taking care of Tink and my apartment.  I didn't know what to expect when I walked in but what I saw was quite amazing.  He had rearranged my furniture.  Not drastically, but significantly.  I like my things where I want them, so I had to re-rearrange my furniture.  He had also saved all my newspapers.  Who has time to read two weeks worth of newspapers??  He did all sorts of strange things and it took me well into Sunday to get my place back into shape.  Unfortunately I had lots of laundry to do and I couldn't find the laundry card.  I called him and he described where he had left it but alas, it was not there and he had no other ideas where it could have gone.  My guess is he left it in the laundry room and someone took it, since it had at least $20 credit.  "Soooorry" he says ... not unlike how a child would react to the parental "Tell your sister you're sorry!".  That made my Sunday a bit easier since I couldn't do laundry.  I will call the apartment office today just in case someone has turned it in, but I'm not holding my breath.

It looks like I'm going to win my fantasy football matchup AGAIN this week if my opponent's last guy doesn't score over 20 points.  Why didn't this happen at the start of the season?

I did not pick up my knitting once while on vacation.  I was too busy having the time of my life.  I will have to get busy soon - I have so many projects to finish.

But work is what is on my plate for now.

No comments: